- Project Overview
Working with Mott MacDonald, on their framework with Highways England. Value: Over £10billion. Nationally important infrastructure/road project.
Why did they approach Metisplan?
- Metisplan have experience working in high-value infrastructure projects and complex
- We brought experience from lots of different industries
- Depth of Matt Orton’s CV; the project required someone of a specialist nature
What problem did Metisplan solve?
- To set up planning function in Project Management Office (PMO)
- Provided valuable insight into supply chain time-related challenges
- Worked as part of the core management teams
What value did Metisplan bring?
- Provided a link between time, cost and resource
- Enabled the client not to pay for delays that the supply chain were not entitled to under contract
- Worked collaboratively with the trio of project manager/planning manager and commercial functions to safeguard the interests of the client and ensure that the contract was followed
- Provided an independent perspective to reduce bias, as the schedule quality from supply chain was inefficient and contained bias
- Actively promoted collaboration of siloed design disciplines
- Acted in accordance with the contract – worked with the team to ensure the contract was followed better