Last Updated: 2nd August 2019
We believe you should feel informed when it comes to us handling your personal data. Therefore, this policy explains:
• What information we collect when you’re using the Website
• Why we collect that information
• How we use that information
• How we may share that information
• How we keep your data protected
• What choice and options you have to control your information
We're committed to respecting the privacy of all the visitors and users of Our Site, we are dedicated to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal information before using this website. By using our website, you are accepting and consenting to these practices.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Metisplan of Nicholson House, 41 Thames Street, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8JG.
Owner and Data Controller
• Metisplan a limited company registered in England under company number 08090664, whose registered address is Nicholson House, 41 Thames Street, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8JG.
• Owner contact email: email@example.com / Phone number: 02035442325
Types of Data collected
• Among the types of Personal Data that Our Site collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, first name, last name, phone number, company name and email address.
• Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using Our Site.
• Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by Our Site is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for Our Site to provide its services. In cases where Our Site specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
• Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through Our Site and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to Metisplan Ltd.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
Metisplan Ltd takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Metisplan Ltd, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Our Site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Metisplan Ltd. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Metisplan Ltd at any time.
Legal basis of processing
Metisplan Ltd may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
• Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations Metisplan Ltd may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
• provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Metisplan Ltd is subject;
• processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Metisplan Ltd;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Metisplan Ltd or by a third party.
• In any case, Metisplan Ltd will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
• The Data is processed at Metisplan Ltd's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
• Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
• Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Metisplan Ltd to safeguard their Data.
• If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Metisplan Ltd using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
• Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Metisplan Ltd and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
• Personal Data collected for the purposes of Metisplan Ltd’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Metisplan Ltd within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Metisplan Ltd.
• Metisplan Ltd may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Metisplan Ltd may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
• Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
• The Data concerning the User is collected to allow Metisplan Ltd to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics and Contacting the User.
• Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable Metisplan Ltd to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
Contact form (Our Site)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes Our Site to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: company name, email address, first name, last name and phone number. We will hold the data for no longer than 12 months.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Metisplan Ltd. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
• Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
• Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Metisplan Ltd, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Metisplan Ltd will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Metisplan Ltd.
• Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
• Details about the right to object to processing
• Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Metisplan Ltd or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Metisplan Ltd, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether Metisplan Ltd is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to Metisplan Ltd through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Metisplan Ltd as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
• Legal action
• The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Metisplan Ltd in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of Our Site or the related Services.
• The User declares to be aware that Metisplan Ltd may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
• Additional information about User's Personal Data
• System logs and maintenance
• For operation and maintenance purposes, Our Site and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with Our Site (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
• Information not contained in this policy
• More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from Metisplan Ltd at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, Metisplan Ltd shall collect new consent from the User, where required.