- Project Overview
Metisplan was employed by the Sub-contractor Mercury Engineering to provide a full design development, procurement and construction programming for the M&E installation works valued at £20million.
Why did they approach Metisplan?
- Aldgate Tower Developments Ltd was the developer for a £78million, 17-Storey Commercial Tower in Aldgate (Opposite Aldgate East Tube Station), construction of which commenced 21/01/13.
- Metisplan was employed by the Sub-contractor, Mercury Engineering, to provide full design development, procurement and construction programming for the M&E installation works, valued at £20million.
What problem did Metisplan solve?
- The solution for the full M&E installation was to employ modularisation as much as possible. Approximately 2,000 modules were delivered by hoist and tower crane to provide the 17 storeys and associated risers.
- Some risers were installed traditionally, as well as most of the plant room areas and roof.
- Ground Floor access was shared with the live delivery route for the RBS building next door.
- Continuous coordination with other trades and suppliers was required to ensure a successful outcome for the project.